UNOFFICIAL FAN MADE EXPANSION
Back of Materials card
Ready to learn how to claim Building Routes?
I designed a new deck of 54 Materials cards:
- 12 Wood cards
- 12 Rails cards
- 12 Stones cards
- 10 Railway cards
- 8 Tunnel cards
- To claim NUORO-DORGALI route, You must play at the same turn:
1 Yellow (or Pink) Train card + 1 Wood and 1 Rails cards (or 1 Railway card)
SCORE: 3 Points
- To claim TIRSO-SORGONO route, You must play at the same turn:
2 Train cards of the same color + 1 Wood and 1 Rails cards (or 1 Railway card)
SCORE: 4 Points
- To claim SORGONO-NUORO route, You must play at the same turn:
3 Train cards of the same color + 1 Wood, 1 Rails and 1 Stones cards (or 1 Railway and 1 Stones cards or 1 Tunnel card)
SCORE: 7 Points
- To claim DORGALI-ARBATAX route You must play at the same turn:
4 Train cards of the same color + 2 Wood, 2 Rails and 1 Stones cards (or 1 Tunnel and 1 Railway cards or any other valid combination)
SCORE: 12 Points
- Shuffle the Materials cards and deal a starting hand of 3 cards to each player.
- Place the remaining deck of Materials cards near the board (face down).
Draw Cards Action
As usual, the player may draw 2 cards per turn. Either of these cards can be drawn from:
- the 5 face-up Train cards
- the top of Train deck
- the top of the Materials deck
If a player selects a face-up Locomotive card, he cans still draw a Materials card (not Train card, as official rules). A player may have in his hand any number of Train cards but a maximum of 8 Materials cards. If the player have 8 Materials cards in his hand, he must first discard unwanted cards and then draw other ones from the Materials deck. When the deck is exhausted, You can reshuffle the discards to have a new deck.
Claiming Building Routes
To better explain how to claim Building Rutes, I created a double sided Materials Summary card. See this card and the examples on the left...the mechanism is simple!
Remember that a player that claims Building Routes gains +2 extra points for each Railway symbol and +3 extra points for each Tunnel symbol on the route (as shown in the Summary on the map). See the examples on the left.
The double sided Materials Summary card